Kamis, 20 Maret 2014

Practical Jokes in AutoCAD

This is a true and funny story.  Have you ever played a practical joke on somebody that was using AutoCAD?  Like, turn off the PICKFIRST variable?  Or press CTRL+0 as you were casually walking by their workstation?  How about altering their PGP file?  Last weekend, while I was working on my next training video, I scripted and recorded a section on how to edit the PGP file in AutoCAD.  The PGP file defines the command aliases for AutoCAD.  It lets everyone know that if you type L on the command line, that AutoCAD will start the LINE command.  In the video I suggested that you play a trick on somebody and change it so that every time they type L, the Plot Manager opens!  Today, working on my videos again, I kept typing L and the plot manager opens!  It took me three tries until I remembered what i did, to myself!  that might have been the first time I played an AutoCAD trick on myself!

Happy CADDING!

lamsim

About lamsim

Author Description here.. Nulla sagittis convallis. Curabitur consequat. Quisque metus enim, venenatis fermentum, mollis in, porta et, nibh. Duis vulputate elit in elit. Mauris dictum libero id justo.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :